Friday, March 12, 2010

Tartare for 2 and other tales!


A couple of weeks ago we met up for lunch with friends in Lyon and what's better than sharing a meal at the Brasserie Georges near the Perrache station!

Not for the squeamish or faint hearted, if you like your meat a bit raw, they have the best Steak Tartare prepared at your table as it should be!

Our delightful waiter arrived with the full monty and prepared everything under our hawk eyes!
 Minced Beef,chopped onions, parsley, capers
First of all he mixes the egg yolk with oil, mustard, salt and pepper into a kind of mayonnaise 


Then all get mixed together and spiced up with a bit of Tobasco. I love mine quite spicey and this time did not even had to add a drop! The King of Tartare our waiter he was!!



The Final Product served with fresh salad and chips!
So when next in Lyon, for real good brasserie food, do not forget GEORGES!!

Life is about sharing
Bisous
Lynn

5 comments:

Pam said...

Yum, I made Tartare once and thoroughly enjoyed it. May be time for another Tartare adventure!
Pam

Kate at Serendipity said...

Lynn, I don't eat tartare, but if I did, I'd eat this one. It's served often here in our part of Belgium. My husband and I laugh because here it's not called 'tartare' but 'filet Americain'! The story is that during WW2 the GIs asked for their beef chopped so that they could make burgers, and the local folks thought they wanted it to make tartare. Most Americans probably wouldn't eat it like this!

Thanks for the recommendation. Next time I'm in Lyon I'll try this place--but I'll probably order a burger...

Unknown said...

Fine food that was enjoyed with super friends.

Anonymous said...

Lynette,

We love Brasserie Georges! It is Nevenn's fave resto in Lyon. He always gets les cuisses de grenouilles and escargots... and Pascal gets andouillettes. They have a killer Peche Melba too.
Now I am truly homesick... xoxoxo uju

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn,

The dessert was an omelette norvegienne... and it was beautiful... not a peche melba.
I'm anonymous because Google keep asking me to create an account which I do not want to do.
xo uj