Friday, March 19, 2010

Sharing of another kind!! Thanks Neeta!!!


We're we live in the heart of the French countryside, the postperson drives up our little alley - winter, summer, spring, fall, rain and even try in knee deep snow! And this is a highlight of my day! Am always hoping to get a long letter with exotic stamps and beautiful handwritten prose like in the good old days! A very rare thing these days!

But last week, I received a very unexpected parcel......... beautiful striped boxes filled with Neeta's home made wafers, special organic sauces and wonderful sandalwood soaps!
AND WHAT JOY!!!!
 A real goodies parcel filled with love from Neeta!


Wrapped in red tissue paper was the most delectable delicate wafers of zuccini/flax/almonds that I shared with local French friends and they were absolutely amazed :

Neeta writing about her treats: 'I made those - zucchini/flax/almond and onion/flax/sunflower seeds - wafer thin Crackers in my dehydrator, I have a 9 tray Excalibur which is one of the best things I've ever bought apart from my Vitamix blender :-)
I made the fruit paper in the dehydrator too....the almond as well as chocolate butters were made in the food processor....
Very few people have dehydrators, so I'm wondering how useful the Cracker recipes would be to your readers? Let me know if you'd still like it though, I'll definitely send it to you!'

I just got this info from my friend Kate - re dehydrators :
'You can use a very, very low oven as a dehydrator. I have a friend in London who has a dehydrator - she is cœliac so most sweets and snacks are out of bounds for her, but before she got the dehydrator she did the same thing in a really low oven overnight - like 50C.
One of her best snacks was fruit yoghurt leathers - mix fresh fruit (I like berries best) with a good thick organic yoghurt, spread in a thin layer on a non-stick sheet and leave in dehydrator or oven overnight then cut into strips or squares and dry a bit more. delicious!' THANKS KATE!!!

So all of you, if you want those recipes, look at Neeta's website and pester her for the recipes!

Also in this great box was handmade mini orange and chocolate shortbread biscuits that I saw very few of as my dear man Olivier gobbled them all up in a jiffy.
I did mange to hide the smoked Irish smoked oatcakes and have them at night in my kitchen whilst preparing my dinners for our guest! I know selfish me but hey, have the right sometimes!!

So dear readers, this was just a quick one to say that before I thought life's about sharing and now I KNOW it is!
Bisous from a sunny frogland
Lynn 

3 comments:

Kate at Serendipity said...

Oh, Lynn, what a wonderful box of surprises! I would have hidden the oatcakes too...

Thanks for sharing this with US!

Pam said...

Lynn, It's Christmas for us! I received my box last night and working on a blog for Neeta!
I may have to buy a dehydrator!
I also hid the Smoked Oat Cakes!
Bisous,
Pam

Neeta said...

So happy you and Olivier enjoyed it all.....like you say, life is really all about sharing :-)
Love to you Lynn, et bises Londoniens....