Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Travelling

Cape Town International Airport
Airports are funny places - almost like another world - maybe a kind of middle world in which one spends suspended time. Bubbly hubs where in the space of a few hours (which is my case on this trip down to Africa) you mix with travelers from all over the world. And then you realise once again that we all have the same needs.
To get to our loved ones, to get to a meeting, to see that place that you've saved for all your life, to....
travel.
We then get suspended in this world where all run around furiously to get to their gates, with a quick pit-stop at the duty free for the shopaholics, where they stock up on the latest label (probably more expensive than elsewhere)

And then one starts wondering about the 'inborn' waderlust of some of us. 

I have learned to travel on 9 hectares the last couple of years. Before would be off at the drop of a hat.
I have come to realise that  the yonder is in front of your eyes. The beauty of life is in the 'birds' tapping on the window every morning, the deer eating my roses, the incredible sunsets from our courtyard, seeing spring blossoming in front of my eyes, Lilli our silly cat seducing each and every one before tripsing off into the forest
Obviously this has not totally quench my thirst for jumping on the first plane to some unknown destination and whilst planning that, already think of other destinations, but it is not a huge gnawing craving bug in my belly anymore - only a little 'envie'.
And maybe this is just part of the amazing discovery of oneself.

The above I wrote sitting at Franfurt airport in March.


And now it is July already and our summer season is rolling ahead at lightening speed and having reread the above, I must confess that I do feel like packing that bag again!! Especially when I look at the photos of my trips!
View of my childhood beach

I must also confess that I have not been very good at doing this blog thing - will try and let you have some interesting 'titbits' soon and at the same time give you a quick and easy Coconut Flan recipe!

Here Goes - EASY Coconut Flan
3 eggs
1 tin of sweet condensed milk
1/2 litre of milk
125 g coconut


Butter a cake dish (or small individual moulds if you want to 'fancify' this dish)
Mix all the ingredients and pour into moulds or dish
Bake 50 to 60 minutes in a 'bain-marie' in a 200° oven!


Easy as pie!

Sorry about being absent - promise to be back!!

And I missed sharing with you!


Hugs
Lynn










No comments: