Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sharing some more...........


With our 7th season as B and B owners coming up, we thought that it is time to slightly change our website. A rather difficult task as it has been working so well and we've had numerous compliments on it!! All thanks to my darling husband who's original job, before becoming macon, electricien, plumber, mecanic, carpenter etc, was/is after all graphic artist and illustrator! One of the reasons for the changes was so that we could add a new button for the Dovecote in the renovating process and hopefully ready to receive it's first guests by the summer!

First of all, go and check out our new simplified website:
Once again thank you so much to my darling multitalented husband for doing this! Am indebted to him forever!

And then the other purpose of my 'sharing' with you today is to tell you about friends with wonderful projects, doing wonderful things, lovely places to stay - just sharing with you some of the things and people I love! A bit of an eclectic mix but hey - that's what makes one so rich -


Blogs:

A couple of years ago when we still lived in Paris, I founded an Association called the 'French South African Friendship Club'. I was invited a couple of time for radio interviews etc and I organised a lot of activities in the framework of the Club (Art Exhibitions, SA day, wine tastings etc etc) This is how I got to know Kidi BEBEY who, in those days, ran a wonderful Magazine for Children in Africa, 'Planète Jeunes', she also did a great radio program called 'Reines d'Afrique' on RFI. Author of a couple of books for children and teenagers, Kidi has now also started a blog certainly worth following:
http://xtrafrica.blogspot.com/


When I first met Pam through my dear friend Uju, it felt like I've met a kind of wirlwind of acitivities! Always on the move, doing new things, a new course at University, a new chocolate course, running all over the US working and trying to put together 'Foody' groups to bring to us in the fall for our 'French Culture and Culinary Course'! AND she has time to do a wonderful blog! Do go and check it out and become a friend:
http://thegypsychef.blogspot.com/
Pam on the move as always- Market Vichy
And come it think of it, I also met Neeta through Uju!! Neeta used to live in Paris as well but with life being what it is in the city of love and lights, HECTIC, we only met a couple of times (amongst other a fun evening at 'Les Scandaleuses' - do you remember girls)?? In the meantime, we've moved to the countryside and Neeta with her family to the UK. Neeta has started a wonderful blog about HEALTHY FOOD! :
I've never met Kate in real, but it feels like I've know her for a long time. Reading her blog is always inspirational and it feels that she's also packing in 101 things in a day AND she takes beautiful photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/12247410@N06/
http://serendipity-kate.blogspot.com/ 

As I have so much more to share with you, there will be a next one on Sharing - sharing artist friends, sharing lovely places to visit, just............. sharing!
Watch this space!


Life is about sharing
Bisous
Lynn

ps Last but not least -how could I forgot my other favouritist blog by my friend Marita?? Silly me!
Marita, fellow South African also married to a Froggie, is living in the South of France. All South Africans know this lovely lady who has taken our country by storm many moons ago with a book that shook the very root of 'Afrikanerdom' - 'Griet skryf 'n sprokie'. This book has been translated into many languages, amongst other French -'Héberger les anges'(Editeur : Anne Carrière)
(Entertaining Angels is the English title) She has a column in a SA womens Mag and 2010 is seeing a new book coming out simultaneously in Afrikaans and English, a play of one of her books being done at a Festival and a tv series! Whow!! 
http://maritareadingspace.blogspot.com/ 
Oh dear and I forgot the Cookbook Marita is doing with Alain, her husband, and beautiful photos done by well know South African photographer, Lien Botha! Talk about things happening for Marita!! You can also become a follower on Facebook : 
 http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=78346169084&ref=mf

4 comments:

marita said...

Thanks, Lynn, for your flattering words. "Heuning om die smoel gesmeer', dis hoe ek nou voel!

Pam said...

Lynn, Thanks for the sweet comments! The new website looks terrific and I would love to see pics of the new Dovecote.
Bisous,
Pam

Neeta said...

Thanks Lynn for sharing my blog. I do remember the evening at Les Scandaleuse ;-) And I hope that we get to meet again sometime this year, fingers crossed.....
Great new website, and I look forward to pictures of the Dovecote too...
Much Love, xxx

Neeta said...

Lynn, there's a dual award - Happy & Sunshine waiting for you at my blog....Bises xox